Sunday, November 8, 2009

Messages from Milad




Hey Guys



I had my first communication with Milad since choosing to sponsor him at his orphanage in Afghanistan. He looks so much happier than his first photo. I almost cried because it touched my heart to see what good things can do in this world. I have always taught religious tolerance, freedom of expression, and charity. I cannot help the fact that I am now an intellectual and now know how to apply my knowledge to befit the world. I am just happy that I was able to help him. There are so many kids in need and I am only one person. There is so much violence in the world and there are times that I cannot handle it. I just bust out in tears and pray that God relieve us of our burdens. AS I said I do all I can to help. I have so many friends of different colors and religions that I taught English to at the ELI institute at USM. I cannot tell you how much that opened my eyes. I just hope that Milad is safe. This kid has to deal with gunfire and bombs daily. I cannot begin to understand the courage this child holds.

Tyler Meador

No comments:

Post a Comment