Thursday, November 12, 2009


As most of you know I suffer from a rare disease which affects my eyes. Today I had to see a regular Dr because of the headaches I was getting from my condition. Normally when I go to my Dr in Jackson it takes around two hours. My local Dr’s office took four hours! I felt so bad because there was this Asian Kid who looked like he was going to pass out, waited just about the same time I did. I can remember when you enter a Dr’s office, which it took about an hour, at the most! Before all you folks scream “Government Healthcare” I want you to think about something…. I, a liberal Democrat, agree with the fact that we need think this “Government Healthcare” through. We have offered this type of “Health Care’ to the Native American population. I have worked with Native Americans from all over the place. I have danced with the Kiowa Nation in Oklahoma and helped organize the powwows at USM. I am not Native American but I have experienced and seen many things I thought my government would never do. Ladies and Gentlemen we do not want government funded health care. You can ask any Native American and they are going to tell you that “it sucks”. In some of my research I have actually found where the US government has done experiments on all these people under “Government Healthcare”. All I am asking is that we take another year to look at this healthcare bill.
Many Native Americans will tell us “Guess what White Eyes It’s your turn now” and kindly ask us to get in the back of the line. I have to wonder if some of the failure of the United States is due to Karma. I won’t get off on my mistreatment rants but it is something to think about. Many White families, me included, as I am white, are experiencing what many people of other races have felt for years. Native American’s felt oppression when the Spanish came over, the Asians felt it when they helped build California, and so on. All I am asking is a little thought. Yes I supported Obama and I am still a firm believer but… I think he is just trying to get the right shoe on before he makes good changes. He has not found his administrative comfort zone and is trying many avenues. Anyone that deals with administration knows what I am talking about. Not to mention we are only going to make Native American Healthcare worse because of the limited amount of funding and we cannot fund both. All I am asking is to take another year and let’s look at this from all sides, how it can benefit ALL Nations.

This is my opinion, I could be wrong.

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment