Monday, November 2, 2009

Ill take relegious philosophy for 500 Alex!


In the production of this blog I hope to open people to the religions of the world. As previously mentioned in my article yesterday, It is hard for someone like me to be so accepting of other religions in the South. I am from Mississippi and I have no clue as to why so many people are close minded. As I observe America as a whole, we thrive on money, so much so that many people have committed suicide because they are so attached to money. I have been called everything from a "faggot" to a "tree hugger" for my beliefs. I believe that there is something beyond us and we must do all that we can as human beings to try and understand what that is. The "catch 22" about trying to find out how a "supreme being" works is that as humans we will never know how it works. Note I said "try" in the last two sentences and as human beings we can "try" but we will never fully understand what is at the center of the university.

I a Catholic, have submitted to the will of God and took up Classicism classes so I can receive the Communion in church. I also accept other philosophies of other religions. I might not follow their deity but I follow their particular philosophy. For example those who are Buddhist will tell you that you do not have to be Buddhist to follow their particular religion. "All life is suffering" and that's just about the basics of what you need to know aside from the Nobel Path. My point for this post today is that we need to stop looking at material things and start looking inward for fulfillment in our life. In my religion it says that "I am the way, the light", that is the word of our Jesus Christ. The same could be said for the Buddhist religion. If we focused on trying to be more like Buddha then this world would be a better place. Buddha never said to worship him people look up to Buddha because of his ability to see the world outside its normal ramifications. We ask the Saints to pray for us because they are closer to the Trinity. I hope I have not stepped on a lot of toes with this particular post. I just want people to recognise that there are some things in America that we need to change.

Namastae'

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment