Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Friends, Today I was given a rosary by a friend of mine that he just received while he was training in Florida. On Friday he is leaving and following his orders of where he will be stationed in the Navy. This friend has been a friend longer than I can remember. We had the same classes together, we know a lot of the same people, and oddly enough we share a lot of the same interest. I sometimes wished I could have made the same sacrifice my friend made. My dad was in the National Guard and both my Uncle and Cousin were in the Navy. Not to mention my grandfather was in the Navy as well. Due to the fact I am legally blind I will never set foot on a ship. As I took the rosary in my hand I almost cried. You never know I might not see this friend again. Also he is making a sacrifice that no man can comprehend unless he or she has taken up arms. You know with all this fighting in politics I think our men and women have been forgotten. When former solders walk the streets I think there is something majorly wrong with our system. Some of us might not agree with the way but it is our duty to protect those who have sacrificed their lives. Even though this rosary is nothing but beads and plastic, it has been blessed, and meant for men in uniform to carry when they have lost all hope. Remember you might lose hope but our Blessed Mother and God will be right there for you. I think the patron saint of solders is St. Michael the Arch Angel. If you have ever seen a picture of St. Michael he is standing on a demons head and thrusting a sword into the demon because Heaven shall always prevail over evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment