Thursday, October 13, 2011

I want to warn all of you that this post is going to be real controversial. Some of you are going to find it offensive and some of you might agree with what I have to say… All I ask is that the comments about this post be presented in an educated manor. I will give the same respect to you if I post on your wall. Journal Entry 10/11/2011 As I watch the news I become frightened at what I see. I find myself wondering if free thought has gone through the window in Mississippi. I have no doubt that the prop. 28. Legislation will pass and all abortions be made illegal. In the Roe V. Wade trial it was found that women could legally have an abortion. Mississippi saying that it is going to shut down all clinics is unprecedented. I do not agree with abortions but one must realize that God has nothing to do with the law. In a letter that Benjamin Franklin wrote to a friend, he stated that religion had nothing to do with politics. The law is absent of race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation. People like to twist the law to make it fit their own means. I hope someone takes Mississippi to the Supreme Court. In Pike County people have started to say the Lord’s Prayer at ballgames when the Supreme Court decided that religion should be left off of school grounds. If I were a Jew and my child were made to pray at a ballgame I would be furious. Now let’s turn the tables shall we. Let’s say that Christianity was in the minority of all religions and a child was made to say a Jewish prayer. Would you not as a parent be offended that your child was made to say a Jewish prayer? In schools people who are homosexual have had a hell of a time in Mississippi schools. When I become a social worker I am going to report every instance of school bullying that comes across my desk and prosecute them to the extent that the law will allow. What happened to free thought? People want educated people to come to Mississippi to make it a better place but how is a person of educated through supposed to feel when people are still using the term “homo” “rag head” “sand nigger” and the list goes on. God forbid you were a…. should I dare say it…., Atheist!!!! At this point I can hear the huddled mass cringing as they read this post. At the Monkey Scopes trial the Supreme Court rules that evaluation could be taught in classes. The story about Eve’s rib is scientifically impossible. That is not saying that God did not create women but in that part of the Bible it was a symbolic jester of defining man and women. In closing I have to wonder what my “great state” is going to do next. Mississippi wines and complains because it does not have enough artists or scientist. There is a news flash for you guys; most of your scientists are either Atheists or Muslim. Most of your artists do not follow traditional Christianity and have sought to find their own form of religion to better expand their view on life. Until Mississippi can allow for free thought and let the intellectual community thrive and stop giving into closed minded people and oppression then Mississippi has nowhere to go. I have said my peace and have a nice day. Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment