Monday, September 12, 2011

No Hate

People often wonder how I could be so open to many people and many different cultures, it is due to the simple fact that one must see the big picture before one can really measure how much of an impact we make in this life. Many people, who know me, know that I have a “No Hate” policy. When I say “no hate policy” I simply mean that no derogatory terminology should be directed to a single group. As far as Facebook is concerned I think that a person should be able to get on their own PERSONAL Facebook without having to defend their self every time they turn around. This weekend I was subject to messages that were of an anti Muslim subject matter. Those letters have been sent to Facebook staff. Anyone that has been on the receiving end of hate knows where I am coming from. I have been called everything from “nigger lover” to “terrorist” and a lot of other words. I am sorry that me having an open mind offends people. I will stand up against those people who are of a closed mind and speak my peace. I welcome a debate but PLEASE make it an educated one. Don’t just say “all Muslims are terrorists”. At USM I was spit in the face because I stood up for what I believed in and the ACLU and other organizations backed me up. What do you say to that gay person who was beat and dragged at the end of a truck in Texas? What do you say to that soldier who fights for the US that he is going to have to hide his family because the very country he has fought for is turning against him? You should see the faces when I mention the fact that our own Government has committed genocide as far as Native Americans are concerned. This Nation was founded on the Freedom of religion and the freedom of speech. As I stated earlier all I ask is that you come at me with an educated statement. I promise complex sentences are not hard to make. I was asked if racism in the south still existed and I said yes and no. It is not as bad as it used to be but racism still exists in some places. It is time for some people to wake up and realize the world is bigger than they are. I have a friend who is an atheist and we argue all the time but I accept him for who he is because he comes at me with educated material. To those people who hate “rag heads” or “niggers” I really pray for you. I pray that one day that you will find peace and realize that we are all one people with different beliefs. I wish all of you the best and I have listed the site for the ACLU if anyone needs it! Have a Nice Day

No comments:

Post a Comment