Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Update


I hope this message finds everyone in good spirits. Some people have inquired as to how I am doing these days and I wanted to include everyone in one letter. As I was drinking out of my Harry Potter mug that my sister bought me I looked upon how far I have gotten. First off I have waited and will apply for a degree in clinical social work. As most of you know I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and hit rock bottom. I entered into a treatment program and I decided that I wanted to enter clinical social work because I could interact with clients better if they know I suffer from the same condition as they do. My case manager suffers from bipolar disorder and it has helped me to know that he is going through the same things I feel.
This time last year I was a wreck and generally had lost my faith in God. Not many people know that but now it is in the open. I started praying every time I was feeling down, every time I cried, every time I saw someone in need, and in doing so I have come to know God! I realized that one must work to know God. With my history background I have been researching the nature of the term “God”. It is a natural human emotion to seek the “divine”. In finding God I have opened up to my therapist and I can feel God working with me now to heal. I want everyone to know that one is not “cured” of a psychological disorder or an addiction; one MUST be in “control”. Everyone has their own cross to carry and I have found that it is up to each individual rather you are Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, or whatever religion you choose, that you must work to accomplish a connection with the divine.
I did not get to this road alone. Sadly a lot of my friends have left and I do not blame them for some of the things I put them through. However there were some friends who stayed and help me through this process. I want to thank my parents for all that they have done for me. I want to thank my sister no matter what I know you love me and I know that you will always speak the truth. There are other friends out there (you know who you are) who have helped me. Now that I have started what some might call the “blossoming” process I must get a plan in order. Short term goal is to stay in control of my condition. My second goal is to get a degree in clinical social work and work in drug court. I will subject myself to random drug test and continue seeking psychological help just so that my clients see that I am going through the same thing. The third is acquiring a membership with the American Psychological Association and advocate for the need of knowledge of psychological disorders in religion. The Buddhist already has that up and going, it’s called Buddhist Psychology. I am not going to hide my problem I am going to advocate because there are people that need help and I can only pray that God gives me strength to do so. With a warm heart I wish all of you well and may God bless you.
Ps. I want to say a special thanks to my Muslim friends in the UK for helping me as well for the US. To you I say As-Salaam'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatu..

No comments:

Post a Comment