Monday, August 22, 2011

Freedom at Last!





Today in Washington the monument was reviled for the late Rev Dr, and Martin Luther King . If it were not for his dedication and hard work many people of color would not have accomplished the goals they worked so hard to accomplish. Both black and white people worked together to abolish the so called “Jim Crow Law”. The “separate but equal” clause was a joke. Even though there were separate facilities, the construction was totally different. For example in the movie the help a bathroom was made for one of the maids who ran the house but it was small and only made out of four pieces of wood. People of color were scared to speak their mind and I personally applaud their efforts to obtain freedom. I think we should all take a moment of our time to talk to people from that time period. I think there is a lot we could learn. My hat goes off to you Dr. King, your legacy lives on today. I thank you for liberating the south from closed minded thought and hatred for people just because of the color of their skin.
“I have a dream that my four little children will not be judged by their color of their skin but by the content of their character”.

No comments:

Post a Comment