Friday, April 16, 2010

Why Violence?

Why Violence?

O Goddess of the Americas I ask you, with your torch burning bright, why must there be violence?
To the man sitting without a home, I reach out to you with open arms.
To those who have nothing to wear, I will cloth you!
In this land of plenty why must we resort to violence?
I see before me fields of dead soldiers and a land that has lost it rights.
The people starve for a greater day, and you only turn your back…
As a land of freedom, why must we resort to violence?
In a land of free religion and free speech why are people fighting for a “Supreme God”.
O Goddess of the Americas you stand tall with your torch in one had and a proclamation to the poor in the other.
You could feed a third world country and yet you want more.
You could help those who could help their selves but you choose not to.
My knees are bleeding from prayer, my eyes are sore from crying, and what else can I offer?
Will I see hope once again?
Will I see freedom once again?
Will I one day resort to violence? Will I as many other loose their humanity?
I stand before you today as a philosopher, a person of prayer, a person of charity and WILL NOT RESORT TO VIOLANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment