Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dear Friends.


My dear friends I cannot believe in a few weeks that I will be Catholic. I must say that this path is a journey that I will never forget. The bond between God our Father and our ever most Virgin Mary has become stronger. I have found myself being tribute to trials and tribulations on my road into Holy Mother Church. I can say that the church has made me a more pious person and I constantly pray for the utmost humility. I will be taking the name Maxamillian after St. Maximillian Kolbe which was a Saint who harbored artist and other people during WWII in Germany, Soon after St Maxamillian found himself in a concentration camp. Unlike many priests in the camps, he was branded with the purple triangle. Because he harbored artist it was automatically assumed that he was a homosexual under the leadership of Adolf Hitler. During this time it was common for many of the clergy to harbor people because the people during WWII did not want to mess with those in a monastic life. I took at St. Maximillian to always teach me to love all those who society has kicked out and to always be humble in the things I possess.

As I pray my rosary I always ask for prayers of those who are in purgatory, epically those people that have no one to pray for them. I think the fact that I am legally blind was meant to teach me how to endure even when those swell against me. Not only do I have the church to thank for me being who I am today but I was also blessed to have many Native American friends which I believe to be the true people of God. Aba is a name that many Choctaw people use to call the Sun God (this was before the influence of Christianity). Aba is also Aramaic for the term “creator” I see something linking our two religions that many people tend to forget. I also have my friends to thank for giving me the strength to press on. I will always be grateful and know I am always here for you.

Your Humble Servant in Christ,

Tyler Maxamillian Neal Meador.

No comments:

Post a Comment